Hurray for the GOP! They finally passed a health care bill for the American People! Mind you, they don’t want it for themselves, or for their families, but they deem it perfect for us. They were so proud of themselves for reaching this monumental decision, they ordered crates of beer to celebrate. Oh, what fun.
But, here is the question everyone is asking, Is Trump-Care better?
Well, lets take a closer look.
Under the proposed Trump-Care bill, the following changes will occur.
(My source for the following summations: Jonathan Gruber, Economics Professor from MIT)
- States will be allowed to receive waivers, to charge higher premiums for those individuals who suffer “pre-existing” conditions, that could include, but not limited to: Sexual Assault, Arthritis, Asthma, Depression, Pregnancy, Anxiety, Cancer, Diabetes, etc. If you want to read the complete list visit here at CNN.Com. Also, just for your information, such waivers are NOT allowed under the Affordable Care Act.
- States will be allowed to “opt-out” of rules, established under Affordable Care Act, that require insurance companies to pay for “basic stuff,” such as… Hospitalization, Emergency Room Care, Ambulance Transportation… etc.
- Mental Health Coverage, and Drug Treatment Coverage would “wither.”
- Insurance companies will be able to charge old people, 5 times as much as they charge younger people, for the SAME coverage.
- Big companies will no longer be required to provide health insurance for their employees.
- As a result of millions of Americans (24 million) losing their health insurance, hospitals will suffer financially, and the hospitals already in dire straits are likely to close.
- Medicaid, which goes to help the poor and elderly, will be cut almost 900 billion dollars. In fact, the subsidies that are set in place to help the poor and elderly, take the biggest cuts, under Trump-Care.
- If there be any “silver-lining,” or good news within this bill, it is this: Those making over $250,000/yr will receive a huge tax cut. How huge? It is estimated to be within the 300 billion dollar range. (At least someone will profit from Trump-Care)
- Those who suffer from Depression will likely pay $8,490/yr EXTRA.
- Those who suffer Rheumatoid Arthritis will likely pay $26,580/yr EXTRA.
- Those who suffer from Asthma will likely pay $4,340/yr EXTRA.
MIT Economics Professor Jonathan Gruber, admits he is certainly no historian, however, it seems, to the best of his knowledge…Trump-Care…is the largest redistribution from the poor to the rich in one bill, this country has every seen.
Trump-Care, is it better?
To watch the interview by Rachel Maddow of Jonathan Gruber visit here.