God has called us to build bridges and not walls. The whole story of Christ’s life, testifies to this. During his ministry, Jesus broke down many walls of separation.
- Jesus was a Judean Refugee living in Egypt. (What if Egypt had built a wall?)
- Jesus had many women disciples. (Gender Wall)
- Jesus praised the Samaritans, whom the Jews considered dogs. (Race Wall)
- Jesus spent his time with sinners, instead of the religious. (Religion Wall)
- Jesus admonishes the poor, instead of the rich. (Status Wall)
- Jesus proclaimed Grace instead of Law. (Rule/Regulation Wall)
Jesus leveled the playing field, where all are equal, and He calls us to do the same.
For He is our peace. He has made us both one body, and has broken down the hostile, dividing wall between us. Ephesians 2:14