1. Ask God: I wanted to take a window AC to Beth. I needed a Phillips screwdriver to complete the task. I knew most of my stuff was packed away in boxes, and would be extremely difficult to find, so I prayed: “Lord, please let me find a screwdriver, so I can take this AC to Beth.” I looked in the closets upstairs and then headed for the kitchen to search the drawers. No screwdriver. Knowing I needed to get on the road, (Beth lives two hours away) in desperation, I pleaded once again, “Dear Lord, PLEASE help me to find a screwdriver.” I went outside opened the closet in our garage and there it sat, the screwdriver, waiting patiently for me to pluck from the shelf. As I ran upstairs to dismantle the AC I said another prayer. “Thank you, Lord.”
2. Something Fun: Spent the day with my daughter, going out to eat and taking in a movie, and it was wonderful.
3. Be a blessing: Held the door for a stranger at the mall.
4. Be Thankful: Lord, thank you so much for my daughter, and thank you for helping her get her Master’s degree in psychology. Also thank you that she already has a job in her field even though she doesn’t graduate until June. Amen (I’m so proud of her!)
1. Ask God: Dear Lord, please bring an awesome opportunity into Josh’s life. Thank you. Amen
2. Something Fun: Had brunch with a wonderful friend! Birthday pancakes are down-right awesome!
3. Be a Blessing: Gave a good friend a big ole hug.
4. Be Thankful: Thank you, Lord for my 50th birthday today and thank you for all the well wishes from my friends and family. They truly warm my heart and it’s good for my soul. Amen
1. Ask God: Dear Lord, please be with all those affected by the earthquake today in Nepal. Heal those who were injured. May those who are trapped be found. Some how, some way, give them all a peace that passes understanding. May the world step forth to help and embrace them with love. Amen
2. Something Fun: Worked on my sunflower painting.
3. Be a blessing: Bought a gift for my great nephew, Peyton.
4. Be Thankful: Thank you, for three healthy and happy children, Beth, Josh and Ivy.
1. Ask God For Something: Father, may we hear good news soon about our loan and may our family be reunited and under the same roof soon. Thank you so much, Amen.
2. Do Something Fun: Going to take a run in the neighborhood and use my new Garmin! 🙂
3. Be a blessing: Let someone know I’m praying for them.
Today I begin my 2 week journey towards becoming a more hopeful person!
1. Boldly Ask God for Something: God, Corinne’s elderly dad fell yesterday. Please comfort him and may he feel better today than he did yesterday.
2. Do Something Fun: Begin a new painting
3. Be a blessing to Someone: Make a phone call to an old friend/relative
4. Be Thankful for Something: Thank you, God, for unexpected texts
(The Challenge: Do & Record the following every day for two weeks. 1) Ask God for Something 2) Do Something Fun 3) Be a blessing to someone 4) Be Thankful for Something)